May 11, 2010

Band of Brothers

Well, I am not a superhuman who doesn't feel pain or become emotional at times.
Today, I was emotional. For a very good reason.
So I kept reverting back to what happened yesterday (Mother's day) just to cheer myself up.

Yesterday started off in the morning when I barely woke up and sat lazily on the chair,
signed on in my email, checked 2 spams to be sent to the "spam" folder,
and then I heard the door squeak.
My husband greeted me with our son in his arms.
C had a big wrinkled smile on his little face and a purple envelope in his tiny little hands.
I took him from my hubby quickly and gave him a big hug.
What a great morning!
I opened the envelope and read it out loud.
Then I listened to my husband tell me how he got the card without me noticing it.
(We were at the same hallmark store when he got it. I was looking for a birthday card for my sis-in-law at that time, at the farthest row of cards).
Then he made me check my email for his mother's day gift to me.
It's a gift certificate for a 60-minute massage to "The Massage Place"

The day went on like a regular Sunday.
We spent the afternoon with my sister-in-law and her family.
They came by to have dinner with us.
My mother-in-law made a delicious taco salad!

Then out of the blue, some hour late that afternoon,
I found myself laughing in the bedroom at these three guys on my computer screen.
They took their shirts off and showed their dark, skinny figures  
and danced like nobody was watching them.
Don't get me wrong... 
they're not some kind of strippers or something.
They are 3 of my 5 crazy brothers!
We had a good laugh!
They made their sister laugh so hard, I cried. Haha!
I miss them! I miss spending time with them,
and being teased by them.
Someday I'll be able to go home and visit my family -
with my own family.
When that day comes, I hope ... nevermind.
Right now, I am just so glad I had a good laugh with those 3 brothers of mine.
I wouldn't have been able to go through the day today without a teardrop on my face.
Plus, I have my husband to thank for, for trying to cheer me up when I was moping earlier today.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a good Mother's Day and that you were able to have fun with your brothers! I hope that you will be able to visit them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better.Feeling sad because of longing is sometimes inevitable,but it will pass.And you are pretty strong. Take care.hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that you enjoyed on Mother's Day. It is double the happiness knowing that you know how to perk yourself up when you feel low. Know that you are always in our minds and hearts and that we love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)