May 21, 2010

My Companion

Yesterday, we went to our friends' house to pick up the coffee table that they sold to us a few days ago.
They were our fellow BYUH alumni.
She was telling us how her husband used to go home so late at night after work.
Then my husband joked,
"See, beb! You're lucky I get to go home at 5."

Well, he's right.
I took that for granted a lot even when we were still in Hawai'i.
I always thought to myself that it's too bad he couldn't be with me much earlier everyday.
But I know I am blessed to have him with me at home even before the sun sets.
What is more important, though, is that I have him!
Even though I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will always be there for me,
I am still blessed to know that I am not in this parenthood on my own.
I have a husband to raise our children with.
And because of him, I get to stay home with our son and watch him grow.
There are some single parents out there, doing almost everything on their own... with their friends and relatives' help, of course!
Or there are military spouses who get separated from their wife/husband for months or years,
and their kids don't see their mom/dad for a long time.
I am thankful for the service and sacrifice these people make for our country.

I am not saying that I am more blessed than these people.
We are all blessed in the Lord's own way of blessing His beloved children.
They are blessed in a different way that I am blessed.
And I will always be thankful that I get to spend each and every day with my husband no matter what time of the day he comes home.

3 comments:

  1. Yup you are very lucky.I don't see Nate until after midnight.But it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah jordan used to come home super late and then he changed jobs and now i see him and the kids see him before they go to bed and we love it. im seriously so grateful. coz it really makes a difference when hes home early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to count your many blessings:) It's great that tax season is over and Jesse can come home at a normal time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)