May 07, 2010

When One Door Closes, Another Opens

Today we drove AGAIN on a scenic route from Sta. Maria to Bakersfield to check out some apartments.
We're moving next week and we really need an apartment to live in.
We've found an apartment a couple of weeks ago, but things just didn't work out.
I was really irritated with the manager  because they just wouldn't keep their word
(like not calling us when they said they would).
Everytime we called them, they always have a reason why 
they haven't looked at our application yet. 
By the time they accepted us, we lost all our patience and we've made the decision to look for a different place.
We asked them to send our money back, of course.

It was a blessing in disguise.
Had they accepted us from the very beginning,
we wouldn't have found this apartment that we found today.
It was a 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom for a cheaper price than the previous one we checked out (it was only a 2-bed 1-bath).
And they have 3 pools!!!
Plus, we really liked the guy we talked to earlier. 
He seems to be an honest person.
Plus, my husband's friends say that the place where we found the previous apartment was a bad part of town.
The one that we found earlier, according to the guy we talked to, was 2nd best place of town compared to the NW side.
Hopefully they will approve our application because I really like that apartment.
My husband seems to really like it, too. 
I'm excited to start a new journey with my husband!

Everything happens for a reason.
I was kind of upset this past weeks about the manager of 
the previous apartment because we've done our end of the deal and they haven't.
But then in the end, it turned out okay. 
We've found a better apartment at a better location 
(it's WAY closer to my husband's job, too, I could probably jog on my way there),
for a better price. It seems to be a nice, quiet neighborhood, too. 

All in all, it was a good day!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you guys found a great place! We'll see it when we visit:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)