July 24, 2010

Itsy-Bitsy Spider... I Have Two Hands



(Photo from Wellness In Wyoming)

(Photo from stock.xchng)


C loves these two nursery rhymes that I sing to him.
I taught him the Itsy-Bitsy Spider actions and song a few days back.
Some of the actions, I made up myself.
But the "itsy-bitsy spider" part (first and last line), 
I used the one I learned when I was young.

And then I sang and taught to him the actions of this song,
"I have two hands, the left and the right.
Hold them up high, so clean and bright.
Clap your hands now 1, 2, 3.
Clean little hands are good to see"

I was changing his diaper earlier today
when I started singing the Itsy-Bitsy Spider.
Next thing I knew, he was doing the actions.
No, he wasn't doing the easy ones
("down came the rain and washed the spider out,"
OR
"Up came the sun and dried up all the rain...")
He was clapping on those parts,
but at the "Itsy-bitsy spider" lines
he did the action pretty well. 
(you alternately point the index finger of one hand
to the thumb of the other)
It's not perfect but you can tell he was doing it.
I was so amazed.
After only a few days of teaching him. 
YAY!

Then I tried the "I Have Two Hands" song.
Again, he clapped on the clapping parts.
And he also did the action of the last line 
by shaking his hands 
(like how you say "nothing" or "empty" with your hands).
It was so cute!
And he ALWAYS claps at the end of each song,
expecting his mommy to say "YAY!!!!"
It made my day!
I love that little guy!

2 comments:

  1. cool. Darren loves the nursery song "I have two hands" since he was 3 months he always has a big smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a happy little guy, and so much fun!

    I should have taught my own kids that song...Summer claims I failed to teach her RIGHT and LEFT?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)