September 29, 2010

My job: a Human Resources and Development Manager

I am a Human Resources and Development Manager.
I've had this job for almost 2 1/2 years now.
I've been promoted to a manager last year on the 19th of June.
These are what my job entails:
I wake up at whatever time one of my two clients wake up.
Usually I wake up when the smaller client wakes up.
I try to give them as many "resources" they need that I could give.
I kiss him goodbye and greet him 
"I love you!" when he goes to work or to school.

I pick him up from his crib in the morning,
hug him, 
change his diaper A LOT (his poop stinks), 
give him his milk and his meals.
Yes, even though he rejects his meals sometimes
if not most of the time.
That "sometimes" often leads me back to my
custodial responsibilities - spot cleaning the carpet,
wiping his high chair clean,
and wherever his meal got into.
I read to him.
I play with him.
I sing to him - mostly the alphabet song recently.
I am required to sing even though I am always out of tune.
I teach him parts of his face and body.
I crawl around with him.
I laugh a lot with him.
I put him down for a nap.
I brush his teeth even though I am covered with his saliva.
I comfort him when he cries.
Most of the time my other client will help me teach my little client
about Jesus, and Heavenly Father.
I put him down for bed.
Then when the little client is asleep,
I snuggle with my bigger client,
or watch movies/videos with him if he wants to
(and if I'm not too tired).
I let him torture me - tickle me, that is -
with as much opposition from me as I could possibly do.
The list goes on.
These are just some of my "housewife and stay-home mom" job demands.


Oh wait, didn't I mention before in my old blog post
that I dare not call this a job?
Well, it's not.
But I just put some humor into it sometimes
when my website accounts or people ask,
"what's your job?"
For what it's worth, I have so much respect to all working mothers out there.
I can't imagine how hard it is to leave your infant with someone else
and go back to work
Then come home, clean the house, feed the baby, etc.
It must be really tiring!


I don't intend to "sugar coat" the lives of stay-home moms.
Being a stay-home mom also presents it's own share of struggles as well.
For the record, though, I am happy that I am a stay-home mom,
even though I could've chosen not to be.
I'm raising God's children with the Lord himself, and with my eternal companion -
and what great partnerships we have!
And for me there's really no other better "job" than that -
no, not even a managerial position outside my home,
or a CEO "job-title" can compare to my position as a stay-home wife.
Even during "the" recession (people losing their jobs) and
"my" recession (sleepless nights, dirty diapers, tantrums, baby food all over the place, etc.),  I still got paid!
Yes, I got paid with lots of slobbery kisses, cuddly hugs,
contagious laughs, cheek-to-cheek smiles, and so much more!
Plus, I actually can observe my son develop and grow
every hour of every day of our lives!

P.S.
Did I tell you I am also a custodian?
Hehe!
Oh, and I think this is a great article:
A new stay home mom...

2 comments:

  1. Very well said!Amen sistah!thanks. for sharing.I miss you.See you soon.And Caleb I miss that boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I don't think you'll ever regret your job title...the benefits are so far-reaching! On facebook Summer listed her employer: My children:)
    I appreciate your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)