October 29, 2010

Thank You, I Love You

I have recently read a very nice blog post, "Worthless Women and the Men Who Make Them" by Dan Pearce of "Single Dad Laughing" blog. My cousin posted it on Facebook a few days ago and it wasn't until today that I had the time to read it.

It's a very interesting and good post. It's long and there are some bad words, but his main point is right on. It's about his address to the men in this world - their need to "stop stopping and looking" (at magazines, etc) that makes "real" women feel a lot less beautiful and worthless.You can read it if you want to. I strongly recommend it, but I'll leave the decision to you.

This post is not about that, though. This one is specifically for my husband. Yes, I'm going to put him on the spot - again.

I am so blessed to have a husband that makes me feel beautiful and with worth - every single day. Yes, even behind my tangled hair, mismatched clothes, fashion faux pas, unmaintained (though clipped) toe nails, and what not, I felt beautiful - all because of him. He constantly tells me every single day that I am beautiful.

I am a stay-home mom. And even though I know I could do so much more at home (make more homemade dinners, for one, or do the laundry on time, or fold our clothes right after the laundry was done, or iron his clothes for work), he doesn't really complain about my imperfections. Sure, he could say "why haven't you made some dinner yet?" every time he comes home without any food ready. Or he could say, "the clothes are getting wrinkled. I've already washed them for you. Why haven't you folded them yet?" But, I can't recall a time he ever said such things to me since day 1 of our marriage (or even dating days). What I can recall are the times he always mentioned the good things about me and the good things I've done - both for our home, our son, and for him.

While it is sometimes true that we don't need other people's opinion about us to make us feel beautiful/ugly, or worthy/worthless, it is also always true that kind words and good compliments can always raise our spirits. And I am just so blessed to have someone with me every single day of my life that does just that - raise my spirit everyday. While saying "yes" to him wasn't the least challenging experience I've ever had "friends-wise" (though it WAS and still IS one of the best decisions I've ever made),  every day of my life is a confirmation to me that I made the right choice and said the right word that day when he knelt down in front of me at the beach a little after sunrise and asked my hand for marriage. And I love him so.

3 comments:

  1. Very touching. This made my day(even though it's night).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.I couldn't say no more.Right on girl. I guess real men really does make their women feel beautiful each day.AWESOME!Love everything about it.oh i wanna read that one blog thing.Just curious about what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo, sooooo happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)