December 22, 2010

Breath of Heaven (Amy Grant)

Today I was thinking about the woman
who was courageous to accept her calling
to carry the Savior in her womb.
Because of her (and Joseph's) willingness and acceptance 
of what she was called to do, our Savior was born. 

I cannot speak for Mary.
I don't know how or what she felt 
when she carried the Savior in her womb.
Or how she felt when they were looking for a place
to stay the night she went into labor.
She had a lot of things that she went through.
But I've been pregnant before.
I've experienced what it is like to fear the unknown.
Although my experience is totally different from hers,
I could, at least in some little ways, relate to the song and think
that maybe that's how she felt.
But like I said, I don't know how she really felt.

I love this song.
I have traveled many moonless nights
Cold and weary with a babe inside.
And I wonder what I've done.
Holy Father, You have come.
And chosen me now to carry Your Son.

I am waiting in a silent prayer.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now, be with me now.

Breath of heaven, hold me together.
Be forever near me, breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven, lighten my darkness,
Pour over me Your Holiness,
For You are Holy, breath of heaven.

Do you wonder, as you watch my face,
If a wiser one should have had my place?
But I offer all I am for the mercy of Your plan.
Help me be strong.
Help me be.. help me!

Breath of heaven, hold me together.
Be forever near me, breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven, lighten my darkness,
Pour over me Your Holiness,
For you are Holy!

Breath of heaven, hold me together,
Be forever near me, breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven, lighten my darkness,
Pour over me Your Holiness,
For you are Holy!
Breath of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs, ever! I love it! So touching and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)