December 06, 2010

Freedom of Religion

Yesterday's Sunday School lesson was great.
We talked about the books of Daniel & Esther in the Bible.

The people that we've covered were Shadrach, Meshach, and AbednegoDaniel, and Esther.
These were brave people who chose to obey God 
rather than the people around them.
They didn't have the freedom to choose who to worship in the beginning,
they had their lives on the line if they disobeyed their king's law
but they did not fear to worship their God.
 And because of their fidelity and faith to our Father in Heaven, 
the kings who ruled above them let  them
worship their God and made a decree to their (the kings) people
that they should show reverence to the God of whom Daniel,
Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego worship.

I admired them yesterday as we went through each one of them.
Their faith was incredibly strong.
At the same time, it made me grateful for the freedom of religion that we have
in this country and in my homeland.
Not all countries have this.
Our Sunday School teacher brought that up.
All our lives, we've been able to worship who we want to
worship without any consequences from the law of the land.
And what a great blessing that is!

I guess I should've included that in my Thanksgiving list post.

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely a great blessing to worship as we please!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)