May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Some quotes I have from my book, "Errand of Angels In Honor and Praise of Mothers"

"As I come to understand the many talents and characteristics
of women, I realize how needed their strengths are in this
dispensation. We must remember that we are daughters of God
here to provide nurturing care for one another, family and friends -
loving care to soften the changes of life felt by all.

What a great opportunity we have to fill our God-given role.
He has given us the privilege to shape the lives of those entrusted
to our care. Even those of us who have not been blessed to have
children of our own can still be influential as trainers and nurturers.
It does not matter where we live, whether we are rich or poor,
whether our family is large or small. Each of us can share that
Christ-like love in our 'motherly ministry.' "
- Barbara W. Winder

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.
For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above."
- Anonymous

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I think every working mom goes through the times
when you feel that if you weren't working
perhaps you'd be giving them a little more.
I've always believed the quality of the time
is so much more important than the quantity."
- Jackie Zeman
Happy Mother's Day both to those who have children 
and to those who are still waiting to have children!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, Lois! I mailed your card yesterday(Friday) and your gift will soon follow:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's my dear friend. I admire your strength,your example.And I am truly grateful that you're my friend.

    xoxo,

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, NAK! I am so proud of you for the things you accomplish. You are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)