December 02, 2011

The Magic of Christmas...

Guess what! WE ARE FINALLY DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Yep! You got that right! We.are.decorating our house!!! For the first time in three years! We also bought our first Christmas tree.

setting up our first Christmas tree
It's actually my very first Christmas tree my whole life since my family and I always used a makeshift one. I will put up another picture once it's all decorated with ornaments (which won't be a lot - we're going to build up our number of ornaments as the year goes by). It's a big tree, we're actually gonna have to rearrange our furniture. I've also put up our handful of Christmas decor - a nativity, stockings, coasters, and 2 ornaments. It's not much but it's a start.

My sister-in-law made us a big decorative tile a few years ago with words from Luke 2:11: "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Chris the Lord." I still have to get a plate easel for it to stand next to our nativity. But there is another thing I want to add next to our nativity though (opposite the Luke 2:11 frame):

I found it from Pinterest and I love the message. It'll be perfect next to our nativity and it matches the other tile that my sister-in-law gave us. I would love our kids to see this all the time so each of us will be reminded that Christmas is not about the presents but about the birth of our Savior.
There are several Christmas songs that remind me most of the Christmas I knew when I was growing up. The top 2 for me are:

Carnie & Wendy Wilson's whole "Hey Santa" album


Ryan Cayabyab's album

The lantern in the beginning of the video (Ryan Cayabyab's) is actually the specialty in my hometown. I remember going home from school (an hour jeepney ride) watching these beauties in the streets, their lights dancing in the dark. They're beautiful.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you got to decorate for christmas and have christmas tree. I like the tile you made and the message on it! It was sure fun seeing you last week! Your boys are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry merry christmas,We put our christmas tree a few days ago.And I am just glad that Darren is not destroying the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the pics. we had our very first real christmas tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang saya! :) Masaya ako para sa inyo na nakapag decorate na kayo para sa Pasko. Excited akong makita sa picture.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have your first Christmas tree. Traditions....I tell ya! Have fun. Can't wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for Christmas trees! We just barely got ours a couple days ago and it's still not decorated. We're slowly building up our decorations too. I like that I remember where and when we bought each ornament.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)