December 18, 2011

What's Behind Their Smile

Last night, my husband and I attended his company's Christmas party and there were some things I was reminded of - you can never tell someone's problems in life behind their smiles. So don't judge.

She says "Hi, how are you? You look great!" to me with a big smile. You can never tell that she's gone through divorce recently and in the middle of that she'd had a challenging pregnancy, and that her son had to go through surgery to fix his lungs when he was born. Another person my husband was particularly looking for was in the midst of a few crowd, laughing and smiling with them. Little did you know, her sister just died recently. You really cannot tell what a person is going through behind his/her smile.

My husband loves his work and enjoys working with his colleagues. Sometimes he shares with me some of his colleague's trials that they've shared with him. So last night, I was pretty amazed at how they could still smile despite what they've just gone through.

3 comments:

  1. thats amazing. makes me feel so grateful for everythingin my life and how i shld be more postivie sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I have learned that lesson over and over:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of one of my favorite old songs, "Smile"--
    Smile
    Though your heart is aching
    Smile
    Even though it's breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky
    You'll get by
    If you smile
    Through your tears and sorrows
    Smile, and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see that life is still worthwhile
    If you just smile

    Light up your face with gladness
    Hide every trace of sadness
    Although a tear may be ever so near
    That's time you must keep on trying
    Smile, what's the use of crying
    You'll see the sun comes shining through
    For you, just smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)