January 12, 2012

FAILED!!!

All of us fail. It's part of our human nature. And for one thing, we need it in order to gain experience. Here's a short clip that I really really love when I feel discouraged each time I failed:



And a few little quotes to bear in mind:

"The person who failed often knows how to avoid future failures.
The person who knows only success can be more oblivious to the pitfalls."

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."


"It's not how hard you hit. It's how hard you get hit ... and keep moving forward."

 - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
And a poem that I also posted with this exact same video and blog post a long time ago:


DON'T QUIT
(Unknown)

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit --
Rest if you must, but don't quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow --
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a fair and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when night came down
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out --
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit, --
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

1 comment:

  1. Your poster is very funny! Both the frog and the duck (let me call that a duck) just would not quit. :)

    I like the poem very much. It is one of my favorite poems since I started studying when I was younger.

    When we fail, surely there are many ways we can be inspired and strengthened to move forward, like the messages of Randy Pausch's. We can add to that the never-ending love of our Lord who atoned for us and who is always there to help us if we be humble and recognize that we are at fault, do something to correct it, or/and resolve to do better. One verse of one of our Church hymns goes (one of my favorite scripture verses which is in Isaiah),

    "Fear not, I am with thee
    O be not dismayed
    For I am thy God and will still give thee aid
    I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand
    Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."

    Two of the quotes I like so much regarding failure is the one I recently posted:

    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

    The other one is similar to it (I forgot the exact words but this is the idea:

    "Though the road behind us is dirty,
    The road before us is clean."

    Thank you for posting the video about the successful persons who experienced failure before. It truly is not the end but we can move forward and be successful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)