January 09, 2012

Resolutions: Writing It Down

I've never been good at New Year's Resolutions. I was still a young girl when I stopped making them because I couldn't keep them. It may also be because I never wrote them down where I can see them everyday.

But the page where I am in my book of life is different now. I have a husband and two wonderful little boys to take care of. So with that, I have to do my best every single day to be better in most things (if not in everything): Be a better person. A better wife. A better mother. A better friend. A better daughter of God.

So I wrote my resolutions down. Just a few of them so it won't be so overwhelming for me. Like they said, take one step at a time. I remember when I was in college, when you make goals (and/or resolutions), you have to write them down and as much as possible make them accurate or measurable. So I decided that do be a better person/wife/mother/friend./daughter, I have to write down at least five specific things I need to do to achieve that (for example, saying only positive things about people no matter how much I don't like them).

I don't know if I can keep up with my resolutions but I will do my best. It's for my own good - and my family's, too. I think the major thing I will work on this year to make me happier is to be more grateful and express it in words and actions. I will keep my resolutions to myself (actually my husband found them in my planner.. hehe!) but here are my goals for the year:

1. Finish reading the Book of Mormon again from cover-to-cover.
2. Keep my personal and blessings (or things I was thankful for for the day) journals updated daily.
3. Speak to my kids in TAGALOG everyday - yeah, like I never had that in my head more than twelve times a year.
4. Make two Christmas cards per month. This was probably my only goal last year and I wasn't able to do it.
5. Potty train our toddler.

Well, five goals is better than nothing, right? I hope I can keep them all. 'Til next time,

3 comments:

  1. You've got some gtreat goals there, Lois! Jim and I are going to write ours down (maybe tonight) too~individual goals and goals as a couple:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job girl!OMG trying to talk to the kids in tagalog is harder than I thought. My golly lagi kong nakakalimutan.Good luck to both of us on that one.We'll keep trying,and hopefully in the end we'll succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring goals especially numbers 1 and 2 . I am excited with number 3. I think I'd copy your number 4 and add them to my goals for 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)