March 16, 2012

Good Foundation

We've recently "RECLAIMED" our Macbook laptop from the nursery room. J has been using it to listen to some music while he slept (ever since he was 2 months old) when we moved him to his own bedroom. It was great and he started sleeping through the night at 2 1/2 months old. I've been planning to get the laptop back, though. I prefer our laptop over our desktop when I edit our photos. We tried getting it back using an iPod hooked to a portable speaker instead - the free iPod I got from my college graduation. But that iPod, in two consecutive nights, decided to freeze while on repeat in the middle of the night and it always ruined everybody's sleep. I thought of doing the electric fans but it was too cold to turn on a fan that strong in his room back then. The "fart fan" (I don't know what else to call it) in the bathroom next to his bedroom didn't work in putting him to sleep either.

When my husband suggested last weekend to try to claim our Mac back again by using one of our electric fans as white noise, I was kind of skeptical. But it worked, just like how it did with C. J still sleeps through the night.

So I had that laptop downstairs today in the kitchen to listen to some music while we were having lunch. I was playing some Primary songs that I gathered from Grooveshark. As I was making C's lunch (and J was busy drinking his bottle of formula), the "Book of Mormon Stories" song played and you know how it always ends - "righteously."

I listened to the whole song while I was lathering C's bread with peanut butter and grape jelly and I thought to myself, "I am so blessed to be able to raise our children in the gospel." I just had this thought that most children in the world knows, you know, nursery rhymes and what-not. Some of those songs teach good things, and some are just for pure rhymes and fun stories. But my children, aside from learning nursery rhymes, can also learn Primary songs that teaches them about our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and how to listen to the prophets and apostles, and how to live righteously. At their young age, they are already having a good foundation that they will need in their lives through the Primary songs and the things they learn at church and at our home (I need to do better). I just feel so blessed that they are being raised in the gospel in this world where sacred things are slowly but seriously being taken for granted - physical bodies, procreation, & marriage as examples. (I'm still drafting a post about that and I don't know if I want to post it, but maybe I will).

3 comments:

  1. I have always loved music. When I first went to BYU and heard the hymns for the first time, I was touched and it brought tears to my eyes, and a lump to my throat. Of course it was the spirit. How great that my little grandchildren will grow up singing such music:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more.I love Primary songs.I feel so blessed as a mother to have the gospel and the church in my life and my kids life. I don't know how I am going to be able to raise my kids without the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but remember when you were kids... you used to sing Primary songs and it was heaven in my heart. Now the grandkids... still heaven in my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)