August 09, 2012

Simple Joy

It was a little bit right after lunch. I was lying down on our couch reading a book given to me by my mother-in-law as a birthday gift. My kids were playing with (and against) each other. Once in a while I had to look up from my book and tell C to stop roughhousing with his little brother. Yes, J can complain now with a loud squeal.

C's pretty good with truck noises. I was in another world, and so was C (making up stories about his trains falling off a cliff). J was busy nibbling on each toy, and banging them on the floor or on another toy. And then there it was - a truck sound. It pulled over right in front of our house. C immediately came back to the real world. He looks through the window and says, "Mommy, it's a tow truck! I wanna see the tow truck!" So I opened the door, and he was very eager to go outside to look at this tow truck. It was unloading a car right by our neighbor's house. Double points! C was so happy! This guy just loves anything with wheels. And the tow truck driver (AAA company) was smiling at us, seeing that he has a big fan of trucks watching him unload a car.

I'm pretty sure the garbage men in our previous residence are missing my little man. Now nobody watches them load trash and garbage in their truck when they're in our little street.

2 comments:

  1. I hope he can see the garbage truck/men on your new street! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple joys of little children!

    P.S. Hope you had a great birthday last week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)