September 24, 2012

For Every Mother

I just finished a book by Janene Baadsgaard called, "For Every Mother." My dad gave it to me as a random gift. I liked the book in that the stories were short. There were so many wisdom learned as I read from a fellow mother who's been where I am now, have raised ten kids, and are now enjoying her grandchildren through them.


I will post quotes from her books every day (or whenever I can) on my blog as part of my thoughts, but here are some things that stuck with me from her book that I may or may have not already known in my early motherhood stage:

* Our family is the most important thing in the whole wide world.
* Being a mother is the most important role in life one could ever have. Every woman in this world is a mother in many other ways other than having children.
* Every good thing we do for our family now as mothers may not be noticed immediately and sometimes it seems like they are in vain, but don't give up. Someday we will see the fruit of our labors.
* Memories made in the home are more important than acquiring current and trendy things, or keeping the house "up-to-date" with modern designs.
* Time really flies. You barely had a newborn in your hands, and then he'll be leaving home before you could even blink.
* We never have to do it alone. We are never alone in this journey. Our Savior will always be there for us if we just turn to Him & let Him help.

If you don't have time to read a long novel, this is a good book to read. Even just one story a day is good enough. It kept me in the good mood, and motivated me to be a better, non-materialistic, non-whining mom, and made me appreciate this gift of motherhood so much more than I ever did before.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a winner! I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)