November 16, 2012

Some Good in this World

So I was thinking today about how bad this world is getting, and how much I don't want my kids to grow up in this cruel and wicked generation. But they are in here now, and they are a choice generation. They're going to have to face a more wicked world than my generation did. 

As long as our children in this generation are raised in the way God would have us raise them, no matter what the outcome may be, then we could at least say to ourselves that we tried our best in giving something good to this world.

(A little bit of a cheesy clip to make a point... hehe!)

I have a long way to go. I have many things to work on myself. I can say I've improved even just a teeny bit, but there are still many things to work on my personality so that I can be a better example to my kids (the best way to teach them is to let them see me live what we teach them). I may not know now how they will turn out as teenagers and adults, but I'm hoping that when we get to that point, they will be the good examples to their friends and not the bad.

A random picture because I wanted to plaster it here in this post.

I saw this next clip from a friend today which is perfect for this post (which has been in draft mode for a while now). It's actually pretty sweet. Yes, there are still good (things and people) in this world...


Just a little bit of a random, out-of-topic note - if we ever are only allowed to keep two other series of books to read other than our scriptures, I would have Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter in our shelf. Good books for the kids to read when they grow up.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great, feel good post:) I like your clips and the quote! Much needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Elder Faust's quote. That is so true. I don't know if you saw that article in Parents where they were talking about the future of our children. One of the questions was something to the effect of, Who is failing our children? The gov't got the highest percentage of votes. I think that is telling of the entitlement of our country. There are plenty of parents who fail their children and pass the blame onto someone else. I think teachers might have even had more votes for failing our kids than parents. Disillusioned people I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)