December 22, 2012

My Message for You

... through a song ...

Dear C and J,

This song is for both of you from me, your Mommy. I know you're still young and are still oblivious to the dangers and heart aches of this world. I love how your world now in your own minds is just so peaceful and wonderful - and that the only heartaches you get is when Mommy or Daddy said "No." or when the other sibling stole the toy you were playing with.

But someday you will lose that innocence and will get hurt and feel pain. You will grow up and see the world as adults. Maybe as teens first, of course, but on the way to adulthood. When that time comes, when your own wonderland leaves your life, remember I am here for both of you. I will always be here, either close by (as long as you want me to) or far away (if you want me to keep my distance from you, but will still be looking after you from afar). You are my most precious treasures, the greatest gifts I have ever received. I'll always "stand by you." I love you both!


Oh, why you look so sad?
The tears are in our eyes.
Come on and talk to me now.
Don't be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
'Cause I've seen the dark side too.

When the night falls on you,
And you don't know what to do,
Nothing you confess
Can make me love you less.

I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you,
Won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you.

So, if you're mad, get mad.
Don't hold it all inside,
Come on and talk to me now.
Hey, what you've got to hide?
I get angry too.
Well, I'm a lot like you.

When you're standing at the crossroads
And you don't know which path to choose,
Let me come along
'Cause even if you're wrong

I'll stand by you.
I'll stand by you.
Won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you.
Take me in into your darkest hour,
And I'll never desert you,
I'll stand by you.

And when, when the night falls on you baby,
You're feeling all alone.
You won't be on your own.

I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you.
Won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you.
Take me in into your darkest hour,
And I'll never desert you,
I'll stand by you.

Oh I'll stand by you.
I'll stand by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day more awesome! :)