June 29, 2013

{C's Daily Prayers} - Shooting Hands

We recently purchased a Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars Playstation 3 video game (one of the two videogames we own, the other one is LittleBigPlanet Karting) and C loved seeing the spacecrafts and light sabers and the clones.

Today, I thought I should try watching something else with the boys other than cartoon movies. So I put in Star Wars Episode 1. It was so cool when he knew what we were watching, thanks to the kid-friendly video game. If you know my eldest, he loves movies with racing and action. He loved watching the pod race scene. "Oh no he crashed, Daddy!!!" It was so intense for him, he couldn't take his eyes off. He also pretended his hand was one of those clones' guns. Sometimes he pretended it was a light saber.

Tonight, he volunteered to say the blessing for our dinner, "I am thankful for this food. I am thankful to watch Star Wars. I am thankful to have my hand as a shooting gun. I am thankful to play with [J]. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

He never fails to mention that he's thankful to play with J. But his comment about his pretend play with his hand made me giggle a little bit during the prayer.

 

1 comment:

Comments make my day more awesome! :)