August 14, 2013

Simple Fried Rice

I've never made fried rice before. Not once in my life. But I love it. So one night I decided to try making one. I've read different recipes from the internet prior to making it to get a feel of how I should do it, and then I made it. So here it is (most of my measurements are estimates. I didn't really measure them).

Simple Fried Rice

* 2-3 cups cooked rice (depending on how many you are serving. Leftover rice from the previous day is better)

* 2-3 Tbps Sesame oil (just cover the whole pan)

* 1-2 cups frozen peas, carrots, corn, beans, etc. (thawed) - or however much you want to put it. These are the ones you buy at the frozen veggies aisle at your local department store.

* 1 small onion, chopped

* 4 cloves garlic, minced

* 2-3 eggs, beaten

* soy sauce (to taste) - I used about a little over 1/4 cup

Heat the oil in large skillet in medium-high heat. Sautee the garlic and onion slightly, then add the thawed vegetables. Stir fry until they are tender. You can then either put them in a separate container or just push them at the side of the skillet. Pour the eggs on the vacant side of the skillet  (if you didn't put the vegetables in a separate container) and cook it like a scrambled egg. Once the egg is scrambled, stir-fry it together with the vegetables.

Add the rice and the soy sauce. Stir fry until everything is well-blended/mixed and heated through.


Excuse my picture, it was taken from my cellphone.
So that's what I did. You can put anything else you want in your fried rice - boneless chicken pieces, bacon, ham, brocolli, etc. Just be sure to stir-fry the ones that takes the longest time to get cooked first. Maybe I will try my next one with oyster sauce. You can try that too!


1 comment:

  1. I have a fried rice recipe that I have made quite a few times, but I will have to try your version:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)