July 16, 2014

The Big Move

It's been really really busy lately. For those of you who do not know, we're moving to the east coast for my husband's "job relocation." I think I lost sense of my inner clock since we have been doing a lot of traveling since the last days of June.


We are moving to Baltimore, MD! Tonight will be the last night we will all sleep on our beds, and it won't be until 2 or 3 weeks until we sleep on them again. Tomorrow, the professional movers are coming in at 8:00 am to pack our things, and someone else is taking away our Toyota Sienna minivan for shipping. Also, tomorrow will start our hotel life until our things arrive in Baltimore. We fly to Baltimore this weekend. It'll be our youngest's first time to fly in an airplane. We're so excited to see him experience that!

I'm blogging right now because I feel like I will lose my mind if I don't. I need some sort of outlet. I am so stressed just thinking of the days ahead, or even the next hour to come. There's just so many things to do before and after the move (i.e. packing, unpacking, finding a new doctor, changing address, internet connection, etc.) I wish I could do more than I can at the moment, but my hefty belly and aching body prevents me from doing so. But it's good to know that I am more than healthy enough to do enough. What's left right now is packing our remaining things that we need to bring with us for the start of our hotel life, and getting the pantry rid of food to be donated to the food bank, I think? That, and cleaning the house on Friday. CLEANING! Friday stresses me out most, I think.

How do I feel about this move? I am excited, anxious, and everything else mixed together. I sure love the green - trees, grass, bushes. Something I've been looking forward to. And oh, lots of things to do with our children! My husband and I never actually lived in a state/city where it snowed a lot for a long time, so this winter will be our first white Christmas! I got tired of living in the desert that I'm actually ready to leave it. The only thing that's making me not want to move is because I will AGAIN be pulled far away from my family and friends. I don't know if it's my pregnancy hormones, but sometimes I feel like I always have to be the one that has to deal with the loneliness of being away from family and friends.

But I can't complain. Believe it or not, I do see the blessings that came with this new transition and new page in our book of life as a family unit. Both material and spiritual things. And just thinking of those gives me enough strength to carry on and know that I can do this. It will be a good, fresh start. Looking forward to our new life!

P.S. - This makes all of our children born in 3 different states! Isn't that cool! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. good luck with your move....I agree moving is one of the very most stressful things for me...especially a far move! I hope things slow down for at least a little bit before the baby is born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that things are working out with your move! Looking forward to seeing you all in the fall and meeting the new little one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day more awesome! :)